Express Software Manager is one of just a handful of IT asset management products offering built-in application control capabilities, enabling you to restrict the use of certain applications within your environment based on peak usage limits (in the case of concurrently licensed applications) or to enforce corporate policies surrounding the use of unauthorized software.
With Express Software Manager's application control capabilities, you can:
- Manage usage of concurrent licenses
- Enforce peak usage limits
- Enable wait lists, alerting users when licenses become available
- Terminate applications based on idle time
- Enforce software usage policies and corporate standards
- Block the use of non-standard, harmful, or "nuisance" applications
- Create authorization profiles based on individual, department, or organization
- Report on launch attempts for blocked applications
Next, learn about Express Software Manager's software usage metering features.
Here's what our customers say about Express Software Manager's software license management capabilities:
There is no other application I've seen that gives me the security audit capabilities and information that Express Software Manager offers.
Medavie Blue Cross
Express helps us implement company policy when a written [memo] isn't enough to prevent users from installing certain programs.
Detroit Institute of Art
We function under a government mandate with strict, non-negotiable security guidelines. I'm very happy with how Express helps me meet that requirement. And because Express Metrix gives me live data, I feel confident that when I provide security compliance data on the hardware and software we have, it is as current as it can be.
Raytheon Missile Systems
We've seen hacking programs drop to almost zero. It only took a few weeks before students caught on to this new 'anti-hacking' capability we gained with Express Metrix, and it sure didn't take long for word to spread. It has acted as an incredible deterrent.
PVNC Catholic School District