- Six Steps to Completing a Software Audit and Ensuring Compliance–While Saving Money
- This step-by-step guide provides a practical overview of the issues you'll need to explore when selecting a software audit tool, conducting an internal audit, and ensuring ongoing license compliance. In addition, you'll find out how to offset the costs associated with correcting license deficits by identifying and eliminating unused software.
- Software Asset Management is on the Rise: Understanding Why
- More and more organizations today are fully realizing the value of systematically—and strategically—managing their IT and software investments. Co-authored by senior executives at Microsoft and Express Metrix, this report explores the reasons for this fundamental market shift, backed up by survey evidence from prominent industry bodies such as Gartner Research and ECPweb.com, as well as first-hand testimonials from businesses experiencing the rewards that come from adopting comprehensive IT asset management processes.
- Quantifying ROI: Building the Business Case for IT Asset Management
- Demonstrating a return on investment for an IT asset management (ITAM) program is a must, especially when it involves purchasing and implementing new technology to make it happen. This guide explores and quantifies the hard-dollar and soft savings you can uncover within your own organization by implementing a software asset management tool and process, as well as the investment you must make in order for your program to be successful.
- Best Practices for Implementing Software Asset Management
- More than ever before, IT professionals are being given mandates to implement software asset management (SAM) programs within their organizations. This paper contains helpful tips for developing an effective SAM program, as well as some common pitfalls that cause software asset management strategies to be abandoned before they gain critical mass.
- Buyers' Guide: PC Inventory and Software Metering Tools
- With so many IT asset management tools on the market, evaluating and selecting the right product can be an arduous process. In an effort to simplify the task, this guide has been created to help businesses and IT professionals identify a best-of-breed product that best meets the needs and objectives of their own organizations, as well as describe some of the pitfalls associated with certain categories of products.
- IT and Software Asset Management: A Key to Reducing Costs
- This paper explains the importance of IT asset management, identifies common pitfalls, and discusses the effect on the total cost of ownership (TCO) for your desktops—all the costs associated with owning and maintaining PCs. It also includes step-by-step instructions for conducting a pilot software audit within your organization. You will find out how to ensure license compliance while you reduce the costs of owning and purchasing desktop software, and help your business reach new levels of productivity.
- Setting and Enforcing Desktop Standards With IT Asset Management Tools
- Are you concerned about the use of unauthorized applications or devices within your organization? Do you believe you're supporting too many software titles, but aren't sure which ones should be eliminated? This white paper discusses how hardware and software inventory, software usage tracking, and application control functionality can help you identify the use of unauthorized applications, determine which software should comprise your standard desktop, and help you enforce the standards you establish.
I've used Express Metrix products for years. They continually make better and better solutions. They're always moving forward, making meaningful improvements all the time.
Peter Theis, Director of IT, Roger Ferris & Partners
Everybody I've dealt with at Express has been fantastic. It's been a delightful experience working with them.
Keith Phillips, Systems Engineer, Attorneys' Title Insurance Fund
Express saved us hundreds of thousands of dollars. It has paid for itself many times over. But our return on investment is also in the intangibles… confidence, peace of mind, a sense of control.
Leo Gildone, Workstation Team Leader, Standard Life of Canada